STREAM 1: The Future of Aged Care
Welcome from the Chair
INTERNATIONAL CASE STUDY:
UKRI’s Healthy Ageing Challenge
UK Research and Innovation’s Healthy Ageing Challenge launched in 2019 has a mission to ensure that the ageing population remains active, productive, independent and socially connected across the generations for as long as possible. We’ll hear about their mission to transform the lives of millions within a decade.
Challenge Director, UKRI Healthy Ageing Challenge
What are the keys to creating innovative and integrated care services for ageing in place?
The design of the next generation of aged care services needs to respond to the demand for different types of care, diversity of options and the strong preference people have for remaining in their own home and community.
- Overcoming the challenges to change and reform in aged care
- Regulation that enables and promotes delivery of quality aged care experiences
- Creating a consumer focused, high quality aged care system
- Care in the right environment: Enabling timely discharge from hospital, technologies and services for recovery and ageing well at home: How do we work to develop solutions?
- How will the sector recruit, retain and upskill the workforce of the future to meet the needs of our ageing population
anaging Director, Clanwilliam Health
Professor of Health Systems, Principal Investigator GerOnTe Project, Dublin City University
CEO, HCCI – Home & Community Care Ireland
Dr Emer Ahern
President Irish Gerontological Society & National Clinical Advisor Older People, Geriatrician si in Trauma & Orthopaedics
How can Irish policymakers approach the challenges of our ageing population?
- What tangible changes can we make now that will improve the lives of those living longer, and potentially with major illness
- Collaborating to improve health and social care and promote healthy ageing
- Perspectives of our homes and communities as we age
- Innovating within aged care, combatting digital exclusion
- Innovative interventions for community health and wellbeing
- Population ageing and the public finances: Modelling the impact of demographic and policy change
CEO, Sage Advocacy, the national advocacy service for older people
Senior Researcher, ESRI
Chief Officer, Age Friendly Ireland, Meath County Council